Size: 20″ x 30″
Steveston, British Columbia became established as a major port in the late 1800’s. The rich bounty of salmon that returned each year to the Fraser River gave rise to the building of many great canneries. A large fleet of gillnetters manned by crews of 2 or 3 harvested the salmon with hand hauled linen nets. These frail craft were powered only by sail and oar. Cargoes of tinned or salted salmon were shipped to world markets aboard square rigged sailing vessels, many of which sailed around Cape Horn to Europe. The waterfront must have been an amazing place with all the sights, smells and sounds accented by the varied languages that filled the air.
Taxes, framing and shipping extra.